Ingredients for making daikon and carrot salad
- Daikon 1/2 pieces
- Fresh carrots 1-2 pieces (depending on size)
- Powdered sugar (very fine) 3 tablespoons
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Rice vinegar 4.5 tablespoons
- Sesame seeds 1 tablespoon
- Main IngredientsRedka, Carrot
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
A kitchen knife, a knife for peeling vegetables, a grater for slices, a deep plate, a wooden spoon, a cup, a colander, a cover for a plate.
Making daikon and carrot salad:
Step 1: Preparing the daikon.
Peel the daikon from the skin by simply cutting it with a knife. After that, rinse the root crop from possible grains of sand and other dirt.
Use a special slice grater to cut the vegetable into very thin slices. Of course, you can try with a knife, but most likely you will get thicker. Fold the resulting flat circles into each other, 3-4 pieces each and cut across so that you end up with the same straw as shown in the photo.
Step 2: Prepare the carrots.
Step 3: Salt the vegetables.
Put the julienne vegetables in a deep plate, add 1 teaspoon salt and mix thoroughly. Leave the carrots and daikon as they are on 30 minutes. During this time, a certain amount of juice should form in the bowl, it must be drained. To do this, tip the vegetables in a colander and press hard enough on top with a wooden spoon to remove all excess liquid. Then return the carrot and daikon salad to the dry deep plate and continue to the next step.
Step 4: Season the salad and insist.
In a cup, mix rice vinegar and powdered sugar so that it dissolves without residue. Pour daikon and carrots with this mixture, mix, cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours, and better on everything 24 hours. At the same time, once in a couple - for three hours, the salad needs to be opened, checked and mixed.
Step 5: Serve the daikon and carrot salad.
As soon as the daikon and carrot salad is infused and the time comes to serve it to the table, mix it for the last time and place it in portions. Please note that this salad should be applied precisely with a slide, sprinkled with sesame seeds on top, so it looks much more appetizing, so that no one can resist. And if you try it, you will immediately realize that this exotic dish will certainly get along on both your festive and ordinary table.
Enjoy your meal!
- Some housewives recommend after washing vegetables to rinse them, removing salt.
- If you did not find rice vinegar, then use apple cider vinegar.
- This salad tastes best in combination with tender chicken or boiled eggs, seasoned with mayonnaise or soy sauce.
- In a more Russified version of the preparation of this salad, at the end, the infused carrots and daikon are watered with mayonnaise or vegetable oil.