Ingredients for making wild garlic soup
- Leaves of wild garlic (it is also called wild garlic, bear onion, bulb) 100-150 grams
- Onion 1 piece
- Leek 1 piece
- Potatoes 3-4 pieces (depending on size)
- Chicken Broth 1 liter
- Fat sour cream (can be replaced with cream) 150 milliliters
- Dry white wine 1 pile
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Bay leaf 1-2 pieces
- Sunflower oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Main ingredients: Potato, Onion, Butter, Sour Cream
- Serving 5 servings
Saucepan, blender, wooden spatula, soup ladle, peeling knife, kitchen knife, cutting board, tablespoon, colander.
Cooking wild garlic soup:
Step 1: prepare the onion.
Thoroughly peel the onions, rinse with cold water and cut into cubes or half rings of any size.
Rinse the leek, shake off excess moisture, cut off the tip topped with small roots, cut the remaining stem into halves and chop over thick half rings.
Step 2: prepare the potatoes.
Peel the potato tubers, then rinse the peeled vegetables. Wipe them off excess moisture and cut into pieces, again, of any size.
Step 3: prepare the wild garlic.
Put the leaves of wild garlic in a colander, rinse with water and wait until excess moisture drains from them. Then put it on a cutting board and cut each sheet into several smaller pieces.
Step 4: Cook the wild garlic soup.
Pour some vegetable oil into the bottom of the pan and completely melt the cream in it. Add onions and leeks to this mixture. Stew vegetables until they are slightly softened and transparent.
Pour the warmed chicken broth into a pan with fried onions, add bay leaf and sliced potatoes, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook the soup until the potatoes are loose.
Once the potatoes are cooked, add salt and black pepper to the soup to taste, and then pour the leaves of wild garlic. Add power on the stove again, pour white wine into the pan and season with sour cream. Stir, bring to a boil, then remove the soup from the stove.
Step 5: bring the wild garlic soup to readiness.
Once the soup has cooked, let it cool slightly, and then pour the entire contents of the pan into a blender. I also recommend removing the bay leaf at this stage.
Beat the cooked wild garlic soup into a homogeneous mass with a blender. As a result, you will get a mouth-watering and incredibly fragrant cream soup, which can already be served.
Step 6: serve wild garlic soup.
Pour wild garlic soup into portions, if you wish, decorate each with a small amount of sour cream or the flowers of the same bear’s onion, and then serve for lunch or dinner. It is best to supplement the dish with white bread croutons or crispy toasts.
Enjoy your meal!
- Despite all the benefits of wild garlic, it is often not recommended to eat it. And with special care should relate to dishes with her participation, people suffering from gastritis or stomach ulcers. Pregnant women cannot eat wild garlic either.
- Many connoisseurs of wild garlic soup claim that it is best tasted with a boiled egg.
- There is a more simplified option for making wild garlic soup. All you need is chicken stock, potatoes, onions and wild garlic itself. The sequence is the same: fry the onion, pour the broth, pour the potatoes, cook until the vegetables are ready, then grind everything a little with a crush, add the leaves of wild garlic and serve. But in this case, of course, the taste of the dish itself also becomes easier.